Forget David Letterman, because today, we’ve got a top ten list that you do not want to miss. When you’re at the top of your game, it can be really hard to keep your feet on the ground and remain level-headed. I thought I would keep this light, but remember; only you can prevent your own big ego. And now, without further ado, the top ten ways to know if you’re becoming too arrogant at work.
10. You assume anyone coming into your office is there to take your coffee or lunch order. Even if it’s the VP of Marketing.
9. You make sure that “Eye of the Tiger” starts playing anytime you enter a board meeting.
8. You run a victory lap or two every time someone compliments your ideas.
7. Whenever someone agrees with you, you look at them and say, “Well, DUH!”
6. You claim an entire area in the office refrigerator stating that it’s the “Executive Shelf.”
5. You give all of your employees condescending nicknames and then have nameplates made for each of them.
4. You make the entire office give you a standing ovation every morning when you arrive for work.
3. Forget assigned parking spots. The best one is automatically yours.
2. Demand thank you notes from employees every pay period.
And now, the number one way to know if you’re becoming too arrogant at work:
- While at a business dinner, insist on placing order from “most important” to “least important.” Place your order immediately following this statement.
While these examples are pretty silly, I just want to point out that when we let success go to our head, sometimes we can do pretty silly things because we think we’re important enough to get away with it. Keep a level head and watch success follow you wherever you go!
Influence is the single most valuable capacity you possess. Stop searching for ways to get more of what you want in life! Let Dr. Keller show you step by step How to Get What You Want By Using What You Already Have
In this free special report, Dr. Karen Keller reveals:
· · The 3 major mistakes people face when attempting to influence others
· · The 7 traits all influential people possess (HINT: You have them too!)
· · The biggest and most important first step you can take to develop your influence
Click the link above and get this incredible information absolutely FREE!
Sign up now for our FREE on-demand webinar series and learn How to Unleash Your Influence Potential! Sitting down with high-end influencers who have made their way to the top in their industries , Dr. Keller discusses why your conversations are key to influence, how to use the Hierarchy of Influence™ to climb the career ladder, and how to be influential online through social media. Each webinar reveals new strategies for tapping into your own influence so you can get more of what you want, all the time. Join us!